Monday 12 September 2011

Duran Duran - Oxford Academy 10th September 2011

This was a practise gig for their upcoming US leg of the 'All You Need Is Now tour'. Seen them before at Wembley Arena and Earls Court, but this was a one off, being such a small venue. A lot of die-hard fans there too as it was initially available to members of the fan club only.

Go to quite a lot of gigs so used to barging my way to a good position at the front or having people barge in front of me. None of that here though. If you didn't have the right colour wristband and tried to get close to the front, you were turned away by security. Quite a good idea, mind. If I was a die-hard fan and queued all day to get my position at the front, I'd be pretty pee'd off if someone pushed in front of me.

Anyway....the music. Not being a huge fan I wasn't too familiar with the more obscure older stuff. Hold Back The Rain from their second album Rio seemed to go down very well. Their new stuff is actually pretty good. The album's produced by Mark Ronson and it sounded very good live. Simon Le Bon's David Brent style of dancing made me chuckle though.

Uploaded a few videos to my YouTube page if you're interested and Girl Panic from their latest album is below, for your enjoyment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment